Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.2
Planned for 2018.4
QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsMemoryBudget is always clamped down to 4096 MB even on 64-bit systems
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1147394-TextureStreamingLimit" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Ener Play Mode
3. Observe Console Window output
Expected result: "Actual Budget" and "Target Budget" are both at 4500 MB
Actual result: "Actual Budget" is 4096 MB even though "Target Budget" is 4500 MB
Reproducible with: 2018.3.14f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a13
Could not test with: 2017.4.26f1 (no texture streaming)
Note: the script Component "TextureBudgetAllocation.cs" attached to "MainCamera" tries to set QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsMemoryBudget to 4500 MB but cannot go over 4096. If there is no output in the Console Window after entering Play Mode, make sure that Texture Streaming is enabled in the Quality Settings
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changing ip address of cache server v2 doesn't reconnect.
- Aplying changes to root prefab in a nested prefab undo changes made to the child prefab
- [2018.4][UWP] Exception is thrown 'Unable to find method PostprocessStacktrace in [UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll]'
- Sub Emitter particle's width is twice its height when Separate Axes in the Size over Lifetime module is enabled
- Animation does not play correctly when Optimized Game Object functionality is used and a Child GameObject is added to bone