Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.3
QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsMemoryBudget is always clamped down to 4096 MB even on 64-bit systems
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1147394-TextureStreamingLimit" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Ener Play Mode
3. Observe Console Window output
Expected result: "Actual Budget" and "Target Budget" are both at 4500 MB
Actual result: "Actual Budget" is 4096 MB even though "Target Budget" is 4500 MB
Reproducible with: 2018.3.14f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a13
Could not test with: 2017.4.26f1 (no texture streaming)
Note: the script Component "TextureBudgetAllocation.cs" attached to "MainCamera" tries to set QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsMemoryBudget to 4500 MB but cannot go over 4096. If there is no output in the Console Window after entering Play Mode, make sure that Texture Streaming is enabled in the Quality Settings
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] No button to add Platform support to installed Unity versions
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- Camera does not Render a Video Player when Cameras Culling Mask is set to anything except "Everything"
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- The Marker does not Run and gets Skipped when running in Reverse