Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
[PVR] Lightmap indirect gaussian filter above 0 causes black edge artifacts
Black artifacts appear near some seam edges in tile-based level when indirect lightmap filtering is set to gaussian with a value above 0
1. Open the attached project 'gaussian filtering artifacts at uv edges'
2. Open the scene 's5 - gaussian filter artifacts'
3. Let the scene bake with progressive lightmapper in automode (or manually bake)
4. Observe dark edges on the scene geometry in some places
5. In lightmap settings, Reduce indirect filtering to 0
6. Observe Black edges disappears
If inspected via Object Maps tab (Baked Intensity), it can be seen that turning on/off indirect filtering causes the dilated uv border to turn black in some places or generate black artifacts.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.UnityAPICompatibilityVersionAttribute..ctor
- [URP] Cannot assign overlay cameras to a camera stack while in Prefab Mode.
- "Go to previous Keyframe" button/shortcut does not work in the Animation Window
- Passing Scene names to LoadScene(Async)InPlayMode instead of full path loads empty Scenes
- [Linux] [Editor] Input.GetAxis("Mouse ScrollWheel") always returns 0 when Cursor.lockState is set to CursorLockMode.Locked