Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
"Property already exists" error in the Console when changing the value of an input field in the Custom Function node
1. Open the attached "repro_IN-39686.zip" project
2. In the Project window, open the "New Shader Graph" asset
3. Select the "Custom Function" node
4. Under "Inputs", create two input fields by pressing the "+" button two times
5. Under "Outputs", create one output field by pressing the "+" button one time
6. Change the value of the "New" field (first input field) from "Float" to another value (check the “Note” part of this description)
7. Observe the Console logs
Expected result: No errors appear
Actual result: "Property _CustomFunction_904a8066d87f49399456df00be764dc8_New_0 already exists in the property sheet with a different type" error appears
Reproduced with: 13.1.9 (2022.2.0a2), 10.10.1 (2020.3.48f1), 12.1.11 (2021.3.26f1)
Not reproduced with: 14.0.7 (2022.2.21f1), 15.0.5 (2023.1.0b19), 16.0.1 (2023.2.0a17)
Fixed in: 14.0.0 (2022.2.0a3)
Reproduced on: Windows 10
Note: The error doesn't appear when changing from "Float" to "Sampler State", "Gradient", "Boolean", "Virtual Texture", "Property Connection State" and "Bare Sampler State"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first