Search Issue Tracker
Project failing to Build with Baked Lighting across multiple Additive Scenes on a different Computer
1. Download attached project "LightingDataAssetBugRepro.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "23_LightingRepro" scene
3. Build project with "23_LightingRepro" scene loaded (and active), and "23_LightingRepro_Additive" scene loaded second
Expected Result: UnityEditor should successfully build project
Actual Result: Unity Editor fails to build the project and spams errors to Console:
"Failed to copy '92/923957515e64183d158b1fd86a896806.pos' to 'Temp/StagingArea/Data/GI/level1/92/923957515e64183d158b1fd86a896806.pos'.
"Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
"UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00207] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:172
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00050] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:83
- This issue appears on Windows and OSX
- Workaround: The problem can be solved by rebaking locally before building but this is a very time-consuming solution
- The user also gets more errors:
"Failed opening GI file at relative path: 'ef/ef081166634c745b7aa529801928f515.rpc.sse'. Absolute path: 'C:/Users/george.rowe/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/Caches/GiCache/ef/ef081166634c745b7aa529801928f515.rpc.sse'."
"Assertion failed: Failed loading Enlighten probe set data for hash: 0xef081166634c745b7aa529801928f515'"
- Workaround for above errors: Clear the GICache, bake the lights and then build
Reproduced on Unity 2017.2.0p2, 2017.2.1p2, 2017.3.0p3 and 2018.1.0b4
Not reproduced on Unity 2017.2.0p1 and 2017.1.3f1
Regression on Unity 2017.2.0p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version