Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Project Browser Search has slower response when compared to Quick Search and Hierarchy Search
1. Create an empty project
2. Type something into the search of the Project Browser
Expected result: The Search result are returned after the search debouncing threshold specified in the user settings.
Actual result: There's about a 500ms delay before the Search is updated
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.17f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0f1, 2021.1.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
That was made so by design. The search fields in the project browser and the scene hierarchy use a delayed text field and it wait a certain amount of time so you stop typing before showing any results. An option to select the Debounce Threshold (ms) was added in Preferences > Search, available in 2021.2.0a5 and up