Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Profiler] Window breaks after switching threads
Profiler window breaks after switching treads
1. Enable Editor Profiling.
2. Enter Playmode, profile a bit,
3. Stop Profiling.
4. Exit Playmode.
5. In (Raw) Hierarchy select e.g. Profiler.DataDeserializer.
6. Enable profiling again.
Profiler window is blank and error fall in log:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditorInternal.Profiling.CPUProfilerModule.ApplySelection (System.Boolean viewChanged, System.Boolean frameSelection) (at <c04d3eff6b2847bb9c702bb4f59bb144>:0)
UnityEditorInternal.Profiling.CPUOrGPUProfilerModule.TryRestoringSelection () (at <c04d3eff6b2847bb9c702bb4f59bb144>:0)
UnityEditorInternal.Profiling.CPUOrGPUProfilerModule.OnEnable () (at <c04d3eff6b2847bb9c702bb4f59bb144>:0)
UnityEditorInternal.Profiling.CPUProfilerModule.OnEnable () (at <c04d3eff6b2847bb9c702bb4f59bb144>:0)
UnityEditor.ProfilerWindow.OnEnable () (at <c04d3eff6b2847bb9c702bb4f59bb144>:0)
Expected result: Profiled works.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated