Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
[Profiler] The CPU Profiler -> Hierarchy view's "Show Calls" view does not count Calls correctly for the "Called From" section
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add the Test.cs file to an Empty project and attach the component to something in the scene.
2. Run the game with and profile it with the Profiler Window
(Alternatively, load the attached test.data file into the Profiler Window)
3. In the Profiler Window, select the CPU Profiler Module,
4. Open Hierarchy view
5. Navigate to find the sample PlayerLoop/Update.ScriptRunBehaviourUpdate/BehaviourUpdate/Test.Update() samples
6. From Details dropdown in the top right hand corner of the Hierarchy View's panel, select "Show Calls"
7. Select the "RecursionTest" or "NonRecursionTest" Sample and observe the "Called From" part of the view
Expected: The calls column for the "Called From" entry for the Test.Update Callee shows the same number as the Hierarchy view, i.e. 2 for "RecursionTest" and 40 for "NonRecursionTest".
Actual: Supposedly, Test.Update calls both of these only once.
Note: This works for the Raw Hierarchy view, suggesting that the number is incorrectly calculated based in the merged call stacks of the Hierarchy view.
This is probably broken since the implementation of this feature.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics Settings RP Asset is changed to None when you press the Escape Key in Object Picker and choose to Continue
- Dedicated Server player crashes on complex HDRP project
- [Mac] Dedicated Server build only decreases Memory usage, CPU time and Build size remain the same as Standalone
- [Linux][Mac] Executing Build And Run with Dedicated Server platform does not open Terminal
- [deprecated] BuildOptions.EnableHeadlessMode needs clearer warning for its conflicts with BuildOptions.subtarget field