Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Profiler shows unnecessary entries when deep profiling
Profiler shows irrelevant data when profiling a method from a script with Deep Profile enabled.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project 'Profiler.zip'.
2) Open scene '1.unity'.
3) Open the Profiler.
4) Enable 'Deep Profile'.
5) Play the scene for a brief moment and stop.
6) Select the very beginning of the profiler plot.
7) In the Overview of the Profiler, expand an entry named 'TestScript.Start().
8) Expand Profiler.BeginSample().
- The Start() function of the script 'TestScript.cs' is being profiled.
- Notice how the Profiler shows calls to BeginSample() and EndSample(), and the label given to the profiler entry in the script is only displayed after expanding several other entries. This makes deep profiling scripts difficult.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX] Editor windows flicker in Play Mode when dragging and docking windows with Metal Editor Support enabled
- Popup Window propagates input in its calling Window underneath and all other Windows
- [XR] Vulkan graphics device lacks support for additional graphics queue when using Oculus XR provider
- [TransformTool] Shift rotate always reset the rotation value when used
- Editor stops repainting and throws exceptions when creating new Scene inside AssetDatabase.StartAssetEditing()