Search Issue Tracker
[Android] Performance is worse in 5.5 and newer versions than 5.4 because Graphics.PresentAndSync takes around 10 ms more
1. Open the attached project;
2. Build the scene "main" on Android platform with enabled Development Build option;
3. Open the built program on device;
4. Open Profiler window and attach the device;
Actual result: Graphics.PresentAndSync time is around 50-60 ms. Profiler performance is 15 FPS.
Expected result: Graphics.PresentAndSync time should be around 30-40 ms. Profiler performance should be 30 FPS (performances.jpg).
Note: The issue happens only with "Mali" GPU, but does not happen with "Adreno", "NVIDIA"and "PowerVR" GPU.
Reproduced with: 5.5.0b1, 5.5.3p3, 5.6.1f1, 2017.1.0b5
Not reproducible with: 5.4.5p2
Regression introduced in 5.5
Samsung SM G903F*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Mali-T720, Build:samsung/s5neoltexx/s5neolte:6.0.1/MMB29K/G903FXXU1BQC1:user/release-keys
Samsung SM G800F (Galaxy S5 Mini)*, OS:5.1.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Mali-400 MP, Build:samsung/kminiltexx/kminilte:5.1.1/LMY47X/G800FXXU1BPC4:user/release-keys
DUT (not reproducible):
Sony D6603 (Xperia Z3)*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 330, Build:Sony/D6603/D6603:6.0.1/23.5.A.1.291/2769308465:user/release-keys
Htc HTC One M9*, OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 430, Build:htc/himauhl_htc_europe/htc_himauhl:7.0/NRD90M/869604.3:user/release-keys
Samsung GT P5200 (Galaxy Tab 3 10.1)*, OS:4.4.2, CPU:x86, GPU:PowerVR SGX 544MP2, Build:samsung/santos103gxx/santos103g:4.4.2/KOT49H/P5200XXUBNL1:user/release-keys
Nvidia SHIELD Tablet*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:NVIDIA Tegra, Build:nvidia/wx_na_wf/shieldtablet:6.0.1/MRA58K/49349_766.5399:user/release-keys
Resolution: Investigation showed that user has disabled mip maps generation after the project was upgraded. This has reduced the performance.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI