Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.4
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2, 2017.3
[Procedural Material]Performing initial generation of multiple substances at once leaks significant amounts of memory
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SubstanceLeaking.zip"
2. Open "Playground" scene
3. Open profiler and observe the memory tab or open Task manager and watch Unity's used memory
4. Select "Tester" gameobject and select "Initial Generation Concurrent" in the "Test to run" field
5. Observe memory pooling up and not being cleared even when play mode is stopped.
Expected: Memory should be cleaned up after Gameobject/texture is destroyed.
Actual: In a very short time period memory will pool up and not get cleaned up until you shut down the editor
Reproduced on: 5.6.5p2, 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.2f1, 2017.3.1p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)