Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.4
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2, 2017.3
[Procedural Material]Performing initial generation of multiple substances at once leaks significant amounts of memory
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SubstanceLeaking.zip"
2. Open "Playground" scene
3. Open profiler and observe the memory tab or open Task manager and watch Unity's used memory
4. Select "Tester" gameobject and select "Initial Generation Concurrent" in the "Test to run" field
5. Observe memory pooling up and not being cleared even when play mode is stopped.
Expected: Memory should be cleaned up after Gameobject/texture is destroyed.
Actual: In a very short time period memory will pool up and not get cleaned up until you shut down the editor
Reproduced on: 5.6.5p2, 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.2f1, 2017.3.1p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI