Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.4.X
Fixed in 5.6.X, 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X
[Procedural Material]Performing initial generation of multiple substances at once leaks significant amounts of memory
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SubstanceLeaking.zip"
2. Open "Playground" scene
3. Open profiler and observe the memory tab or open Task manager and watch Unity's used memory
4. Select "Tester" gameobject and select "Initial Generation Concurrent" in the "Test to run" field
5. Observe memory pooling up and not being cleared even when play mode is stopped.
Expected: Memory should be cleaned up after Gameobject/texture is destroyed.
Actual: In a very short time period memory will pool up and not get cleaned up until you shut down the editor
Reproduced on: 5.6.5p2, 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.2f1, 2017.3.1p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity Editor process remains running after closing Editor
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- "Image invalid format!" Error is thrown when Generating Lights on Vulkan Graphics API and Android Build target
- [Mono Upgrade]FileSystemWatcher FileSystemWatcherArgs.Name variable returning the full path instead of the relative file name
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode