Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset() returns null when creating new prefab on AssetPostprocessor.OnPostProcessAllAssets()
1. Open the attached project inside of "PrefabUtilitySaveAsAssetIssue.zip"
2. Delete "untitled_prefabroot" Prefab Asset if it exists (Might appear due to reimport)
3. Right-click on "untitled" Asset and click on "Reimport"
Expected result: No ArgumentNullExceptions are thrown inside the Console log
Actual result: ArgumentNullException is thrown inside the Console log
Reproduces on: 2018.3.12f1, 2019.1.0f1, 2019.2.0a11
- PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset() was introduced as of 2018.3.0a6
- PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset() overload with success boolean returns "true" even when method returns null
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Recursive rendering refraction is very different compared to Rasterization/PathTracing
- [VFX] SMR sampling first frame after culling in T-Pose
- Can't select color from Editor with color picker when Unity Editor is on Secondary monitor
- [Linux] "Error while reading movie" errors in Learning templates due to unsupported .mov video format
- [Android] Crash with Signal 11 when opening app from floating icon state