Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset() returns null when creating new prefab on AssetPostprocessor.OnPostProcessAllAssets()
1. Open the attached project inside of "PrefabUtilitySaveAsAssetIssue.zip"
2. Delete "untitled_prefabroot" Prefab Asset if it exists (Might appear due to reimport)
3. Right-click on "untitled" Asset and click on "Reimport"
Expected result: No ArgumentNullExceptions are thrown inside the Console log
Actual result: ArgumentNullException is thrown inside the Console log
Reproduces on: 2018.3.12f1, 2019.1.0f1, 2019.2.0a11
- PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset() was introduced as of 2018.3.0a6
- PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset() overload with success boolean returns "true" even when method returns null
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible