Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset() freezes the editor when called from OnValidate() method
1. Open any project
2. Import the script attached "CreatePrefab.cs" (or make your own: call PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset() from method OnValidate())
3. Assign the script to a game object and pick a game object for the script's public field (ex.: freshly created 3d object)
Result: editor freezes on trying to validate script after changes have been made
Reproduced in: 2018.3.7f1, 2019.1.0b5, 2019.2.0a6
Note1: OnValidate() can also be checked by commenting out PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAsset(), adding GameObject to script's public field and decommenting. OnValidate
will once again freeze the editor.
Note2: PrefabUtility not available on LTS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] "Access Denied" error when downloading Plastic SCM Cloud Edition through the Editor
- UpdateRendererBonudingVolumes process takes more time when disabled Renderers are used
- "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null" error is thrown when selecting a Visual Element with a custom Render Texture set as a background
- Changes are not saved when changing Styles' orders in the UI Builder
- “InvalidOperationException: Not enough space in output buffer (need 24, has 0)” error is thrown when using NativeList.GetVertices()
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Saving a prefab during OnValidate, physics trigger/contact, animation event callbacks, rendering callbacks is not allowed and is now handled and an error message is logged in the console.