Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Prefabs lose their values if scripts are removed then reintroduced
1. Create a Monobehaviour Foo with a single int field
2. Create an empty object in the scene and add the Foo behavior to the object
3. Set the components field to 12
4. Create a Prefab from the object
5. Close the Editor
6. Move the Script to a folder outside the project
7. Delete the library folder
8. Open the project in the editor
9. Select the Prefab in the Project view
10. Notice the Inspector says "Prefab is missing script"
11. Copy the Script into the project (and refresh, if autorefresh is disabled)
12. Select the prefab and see the field value
Expected result: The field value is '12'
Actual result: The field value is '0'
Reproducible in: 2018.4.10f1, 2019.2.7f2, 2019.3.0b5, 2020.1.0a6
Note: Reimporting the Prefab will fix the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Querying the mapped value of map(…) before ':unityLibrary:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac' when building on Android SDK 31
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR