Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
Prefabs dragged into scene in Play Mode are not unpacked
Prefabs already in the scene when entering Play Mode are unpacked, but Prefabs dragged in while in Play Mode are not. This causes issue such as scripts that reparent in Awake causing errors that the Prefab instance can't be modified. Runtime logic should never cause these editor workflow specific errors. Fix this by unpacking Prefabs when they are dragged into the scene in Play Mode. Should only happen in Play Mode, and only if the destination scene is not a Preview scene. Must happen prior to all script callbacks, such as Awake.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up