Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
Prefabs dragged into scene in Play Mode are not unpacked
Prefabs already in the scene when entering Play Mode are unpacked, but Prefabs dragged in while in Play Mode are not. This causes issue such as scripts that reparent in Awake causing errors that the Prefab instance can't be modified. Runtime logic should never cause these editor workflow specific errors. Fix this by unpacking Prefabs when they are dragged into the scene in Play Mode. Should only happen in Play Mode, and only if the destination scene is not a Preview scene. Must happen prior to all script callbacks, such as Awake.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build