Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
Prefabs dragged into scene in Play Mode are not unpacked
Prefabs already in the scene when entering Play Mode are unpacked, but Prefabs dragged in while in Play Mode are not. This causes issue such as scripts that reparent in Awake causing errors that the Prefab instance can't be modified. Runtime logic should never cause these editor workflow specific errors. Fix this by unpacking Prefabs when they are dragged into the scene in Play Mode. Should only happen in Play Mode, and only if the destination scene is not a Preview scene. Must happen prior to all script callbacks, such as Awake.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Undoing UDocument Sort Order does not take effect
- Read-only fields can be modified with the mouse dragger
- "Assembly for Assembly Definition File '*' will not be compiled" warning thrown, on creating a new project
- Game Object with Cast Shadows type set to Shadows Only flickers when illuminated by a Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning