Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.3, 2020.1
Dragging a UI Prefab to the Scene view incorrectly shows it in the Hierarchy and an ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a UI slider
2. Create a Prefab of it.
3. Drag the Prefab Asset over the Scene View (without letting go) then over the Hierarchy
Expected result: No Exception is thrown and Prefab is not added to the Hierarchy
Actual result: ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown and Prefab is added to the Hierarchy
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0b7, 2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0a26, 2020.2.0a1
Not reproducible in: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.1.0b6
- The issue is reproducible with the following UI objects: Slider, Scrollbar and Scrollview
- You can make the error appear multiple times by dragging back and forth over Scene view and Hierarchy repeatedly
- Also note that while dragging over the Scene view (without letting go) a temporary instance of the Prefab appears in the Hierarchy, which should not happen. Perhaps some code that hides temporary objects used for Scene view dragging preview is not being run for some reason.
Bisection identified this PR as causing the regression:
Specifically the revision:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [Android][IL2CPP] ARM64 Release build fails
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'
- [TMP] [iOS] Password Input Field with Hidden Mobile Input deletes characters after re-focus
- HingeJoint2D do not respect starting angle when enforcing angle limits