Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Prefab lighting only updates after switching Scenes in the GameObject Editor window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project attached by the user (PreviewTest.zip)
2. Open scene "Scene A"
3. Open the "GameObject Editor" window, drag the "Cube" Prefab to it
4. Open scene "Scene B"
5. Observe the "Cube" Prefab change lighting in the GameObject Editor window
Expected result: Lighting on the Prefab updates without needing to switch Scenes
Actual result: To update the lighting on the Prefab, switching Scenes is necessary
Reproducible with: 2017.1.0f1, 2017.1.4f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.0b10
Notes: The script which enables the GameObject Editor window can be found here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Editor.OnPreviewGUI.html
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Motion field of the Blend Tree doesn't get set when double clicking on the Motion in the Select Motion window
- Application.systemLanguage returns "Unknown" when system language is set to Norwegian Bokmål/Nynorsk
- Project fails to load scene in WebGL due to lack of memory
- [Mobile] DownloadHander.text throws an exeption when reading a not supported exception
- Particle System's Point Light flickers while Looping is on and Emission Rate over Time is set to 0 with Bursts Count set to 1