Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Prefab lighting only updates after switching Scenes in the GameObject Editor window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project attached by the user (PreviewTest.zip)
2. Open scene "Scene A"
3. Open the "GameObject Editor" window, drag the "Cube" Prefab to it
4. Open scene "Scene B"
5. Observe the "Cube" Prefab change lighting in the GameObject Editor window
Expected result: Lighting on the Prefab updates without needing to switch Scenes
Actual result: To update the lighting on the Prefab, switching Scenes is necessary
Reproducible with: 2017.1.0f1, 2017.1.4f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.0b10
Notes: The script which enables the GameObject Editor window can be found here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Editor.OnPreviewGUI.html
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle