Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Prefab lighting only updates after switching Scenes in the GameObject Editor window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project attached by the user (PreviewTest.zip)
2. Open scene "Scene A"
3. Open the "GameObject Editor" window, drag the "Cube" Prefab to it
4. Open scene "Scene B"
5. Observe the "Cube" Prefab change lighting in the GameObject Editor window
Expected result: Lighting on the Prefab updates without needing to switch Scenes
Actual result: To update the lighting on the Prefab, switching Scenes is necessary
Reproducible with: 2017.1.0f1, 2017.1.4f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.0b10
Notes: The script which enables the GameObject Editor window can be found here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Editor.OnPreviewGUI.html
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- HDR values are not taken into account when using baked gradient environment
- [Asset Importer] Custom framerate error should only be logged when frame rate is used
- 'NullReferenceException' is thrown when selecting multiple Particle Systems with Texture Sheet Animation module expanded
- Particle System with Texture Sheet Animation has a different playback speed from an Animation clip when using "FPS" Time Mode
- [PLM] Baked contribution from high intensity HDRIs is not handled properly in linear color space