Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Prefab lighting only updates after switching Scenes in the GameObject Editor window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project attached by the user (PreviewTest.zip)
2. Open scene "Scene A"
3. Open the "GameObject Editor" window, drag the "Cube" Prefab to it
4. Open scene "Scene B"
5. Observe the "Cube" Prefab change lighting in the GameObject Editor window
Expected result: Lighting on the Prefab updates without needing to switch Scenes
Actual result: To update the lighting on the Prefab, switching Scenes is necessary
Reproducible with: 2017.1.0f1, 2017.1.4f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.0b10
Notes: The script which enables the GameObject Editor window can be found here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Editor.OnPreviewGUI.html
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New input system Windows native backend gets stuck in infinite loop when USB HID device with 0xFFFF usage max is plugged in
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Player Input component help reference button does not link to docs
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector