Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Prefab lighting only updates after switching Scenes in the GameObject Editor window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project attached by the user (PreviewTest.zip)
2. Open scene "Scene A"
3. Open the "GameObject Editor" window, drag the "Cube" Prefab to it
4. Open scene "Scene B"
5. Observe the "Cube" Prefab change lighting in the GameObject Editor window
Expected result: Lighting on the Prefab updates without needing to switch Scenes
Actual result: To update the lighting on the Prefab, switching Scenes is necessary
Reproducible with: 2017.1.0f1, 2017.1.4f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.0b10
Notes: The script which enables the GameObject Editor window can be found here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Editor.OnPreviewGUI.html
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Intensity parameter ignores Culling Mask causing incorrect lightning when additional lights are disabled
- Input.GetKeyUp is true only for the first released mouse button when releasing mouse buttons outside the Game view
- Physics objects trip and/or jump when colliding with other colliders
- [Package Manager] Release Details of Assets include HTML tags
- Rigidbody2D.IsTouching does not return true on collision for its duplicate GameObjects when ContactFilter2D and LayerMask are used