Search Issue Tracker
Prefab is returned as null In the Editor if the Prefab has been edited recently
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ("case_1122560-PrefabNull.zip")
2. Open the "Bug" Scene and click on the "Main" object in the Hierarchy
3. In the Inspector Right-click the "Prefab Bug Demonstration" script and select "Test Prefab"
4. Observe the Console Window
5. Open the "Prefab" object and change the "A field to Edit" value to "Test"
6. Close the prefab mode and repeat steps 2&3
7. Observe the Console Window again
Expected result: The prefab is returned as non-null and a debug message "Value of prefab is not null Prefab" is shown
Actual result: The prefab is returned as null and a debug message "Value of prefab is null" is shown
Reproduced in: 2019.2.0a4, 2019.1.0b2, 2018.3.4f1, 2018.3.0a6
Not reproducible in: 2017.4.19f1
Couldn't test with: 2018.3.0a5 (Breaks the prefab scripts and the improved prefabs were yet to be implemented)
Note: Entering Play mode fixes the problem and the script returns the prefab as non-null again
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform