Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
'PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from ScriptMapper to Texture!' when baking a second Reflection Probe in the Scene
1. Create an empty project
2. In the Hierarchy window, create a new Reflection Probe
3. In the Inspector window, select Bake
4. In the Hierarchy window, create a new Reflection Probe again
5. In the Inspector window, select Bake
6. Observe the Console window
Expected result: There are no errors and the Reflection Probe is baked
Actual result: "PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from ScriptMapper to Texture!" error appears
Reproducible with: 2019.4.0f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2021.1.0b9, 2021.2.0a7
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.3.16f1
The error is different with different Unity versions:
1. With 2019.4.20f1 it is "PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from ScriptMapper to Texture!"
2. With 2020.2.0a1 - 2021.2.a7 it is "PPtr it is cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from Shader to Texture!"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- Modifying Rigidbody2D.position doesn't stop interpolation when called during the FixedUpdate callback.
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac