Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[PLM] No emissive GI contribution for objects using custom meta pass lighting shaders
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project and 'cube' scene;
2. Observe that cubes using custom emissive meta pass shaders contribute emissive lighting to the plane;
3. In the Lighting window change Lightmapper to 'Progressive';
4. Wait until the scene re-bakes.
Cubes using custom emissive meta pass shaders contribute emissive lighting to the plane.
Cubes using custom emissive meta pass shaders don't contribute emissive lighting to the plane after changing lightmapper to PLM. See attached video.
- Reproducible in 2018.3.0a3, 2018.2.0b11, 2018.1.6f1;
- Reproducible on Windows 10;
- Reproducible only for PLM; not reproducible for Enlighten.
It is part bug, part authoring error, as the material is set up to do realtime GI emission:
Adding this in the PropertyBlockTest.cs script:
print("Material.globalIlluminationFlags: " + rendererTest.sharedMaterial.globalIlluminationFlags);
results in `Material.globalIlluminationFlags: RealtimeEmissive`
Adding this line, will make it bake correctly with the progressive lightmapper:
rendererTest.sharedMaterial.globalIlluminationFlags |= MaterialGlobalIlluminationFlags.BakedEmissive;
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"