Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.1.1
Found in [Package]
[PLM][Optix] Lightmap artifacts are visible when denoised with Optix for 2K lightmaps and bigger
Steps to repro:
1. Download Sponza URP project: https://ono.unity3d.com/test-data/gi-tests/SponzaLWRP
2. Open 'Sponza' scene;
3. Drag 'SponzaLightingDay' scene to the Hierarchy;
4. In the Hierarchy double-click on 'SponzaLightingDay' scene to make it active;
5. In the Lighting window press 'Generate Lighting' button.
Dark artifacts are shown on the baked scene's geometry. See attached screenshot.
The lightmap on the baked geometry should be smooth and not contain such type of artifacts.
Workaround is to set the Max Lighmap Size to 1024 or lower and rebake GI.
- Reproducible in Version 2020.1.0a9, 2019.3.0b8, 2019.2.10f1;
- Not reproducible in 2019.1.14f1 (Optix denoiser for GPU PLM wasn't introduced in it);
- Reproducible on Windows 10 with NVIDIA GeForce 2080RTX GPU with the latest NVIDIA drivers;
- The issue affects both CPU and GPU progressive lightmappers;
- Reproducible with NVIDIA 441.41 and 436.48 drivers; not reproducible with the NVIDIA 430.86 driver.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated