Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[PLM] CPU is underutilized when baking multi-lightmaps
It is observed that CPU usage is low when baking multiple lightmaps and overhead can be particularly high when this issue occurs.
Steps for reproduction:
1) Download the project from the link shared below
2) Ensure that lightmap resolution is set to a value above 40 texels per unit
3) Start baking and while baking, keep an eye on CPU usage in Process Explorer
4) After baking fifth lightmap, ~40% decrease in CPU usage can be observed
- Not a regression
- Details are shared below
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode