Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[PLM] Baking stalls after starting CPU PLM bake via the lightmapping API with enabled async shader compilation
Jira card: https://jira.unity3d.com/browse/GFXGI-547
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project;
2. Open the Test Runner window (Window>General>Test Runner);
3. In the context menu select Assets>Clear Shader Cache;
4. In the Test Runner window right click on the CrashAfterBakingNewSceneAfterPreviousBakeWithGPUPLM test (located under the RegressionChecks foldout) and click Run.
The test completes without stalls and errors.
The test stalls and never completes.
Regression introduced in Version 2021.2.0a5.
Workaround is to bake the scene manually and then eventual baking through the API works as expected.
- Reproducible in 2021.2.0a15, 2021.2.0a5;
- Not reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a4, 2021.1.5f1, 2020.3.6f1;
- Reproducible on Windows + Mac;
- Not reproducible when Async Shader Compilation is disabled in the Project Settings.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field