Search Issue Tracker
[PLM] Baking stalls after starting CPU PLM bake via the lightmapping API with enabled async shader compilation
Jira card: https://jira.unity3d.com/browse/GFXGI-547
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project;
2. Open the Test Runner window (Window>General>Test Runner);
3. In the context menu select Assets>Clear Shader Cache;
4. In the Test Runner window right click on the CrashAfterBakingNewSceneAfterPreviousBakeWithGPUPLM test (located under the RegressionChecks foldout) and click Run.
The test completes without stalls and errors.
The test stalls and never completes.
Regression introduced in Version 2021.2.0a5.
Workaround is to bake the scene manually and then eventual baking through the API works as expected.
- Reproducible in 2021.2.0a15, 2021.2.0a5;
- Not reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a4, 2021.1.5f1, 2020.3.6f1;
- Reproducible on Windows + Mac;
- Not reproducible when Async Shader Compilation is disabled in the Project Settings.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete