Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[PLM] Baking stalls after starting CPU PLM bake via the lightmapping API with enabled async shader compilation
Jira card: https://jira.unity3d.com/browse/GFXGI-547
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project;
2. Open the Test Runner window (Window>General>Test Runner);
3. In the context menu select Assets>Clear Shader Cache;
4. In the Test Runner window right click on the CrashAfterBakingNewSceneAfterPreviousBakeWithGPUPLM test (located under the RegressionChecks foldout) and click Run.
The test completes without stalls and errors.
The test stalls and never completes.
Regression introduced in Version 2021.2.0a5.
Workaround is to bake the scene manually and then eventual baking through the API works as expected.
- Reproducible in 2021.2.0a15, 2021.2.0a5;
- Not reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a4, 2021.1.5f1, 2020.3.6f1;
- Reproducible on Windows + Mac;
- Not reproducible when Async Shader Compilation is disabled in the Project Settings.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU