Search Issue Tracker
[Player] Missed texture and shader on mesh generated from terrain asset file in Standalone build
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Open attached project ('Terrain to Mesh' package from A$);
3. In the Project folder go to Assets -> VacuumShaders -> Terrain To Mesh -> Example Scenes;
4. Open '2. Runtime' scene;
5. Launch the scene;
6. Notice that both terrain asset (the most left one) and mesh terrains (middle and right ones) are rendered correctly - with textures and heightmap;
7. Build the scene for Standalone;
8. Run the scene.
Shader for middle mesh terrain is not compiled - it's pink; Second mesh terrain is rendered without texture. See attached actual.png screenshot.
Also following error is shown in the console:
'Trying to add file "Temp/StagingArea/Data/sharedassets0.assets.resS" which does not exist on disk.
Both runtime mesh terrains should be rendered exactly the same as in Editor's Play mode - with correct textures. See attached expected.png screenshot.
- Reproducible in 5.5.0b6, 5.5.0b5, 5.4.1f1, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.4p6, 5.2.2p4;
- Reproducible on both OSX 10.12 and Windows 10;
- Reproducible in 'Terrain to Mesh' package from Asset Store.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- "Color Picker not supported on this platform" error is thrown when UseOSColorPicker is set to true on Windows
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to baked lightmap textures
- GameObject is not culled and can be seen in the Frame Debugger when Camera is facing away from it
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%