Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.2f1
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[VCS] Precheckoutcallback throws an exception on project startup
0. Use one of the Unity versions marked as Reproducible with
1. Connect attached project "pre_checkout_callback_exception_test.zip" to Plastic SCM server
2. Open attached project and scene "SampleScene"
3. Observe Console window
Expected result: No exceptions
Actual result: "User-created pre-checkout callback has thrown an exception: Object reference not set <...>" and "Could not save package settings" errors
Reproducible with: 1.2 (2020.2.0a12, 2020.2.1f1, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b3, 2021.2.0a2)
Not reproducible with: 1.2 (2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0a11)
Could not test with: 2018.4.29f1, 2019.4.14f1 (console errors break project)
1. Comment out the following line in the file VCSExtension.cs
UnityEditor.VersionControl.Provider.preCheckoutCallback = preCheckoutCallback;
2. Go back to Unity. It will recompile the assets. Then the issue is not reproduced anymore.
3. Uncomment the previously commented line. Now all works as expected.
It seems that somehow the way of assigning the preCheckoutCallback changed. So when compiling with a previous Unity version (for example 2020.1.8f1), and then opening the project with a newer Unity version (for example 2020.2.1f1) reproduces the issue.
We should make a change to the Editor to protect the NullReferenceException in that scenario.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics Settings RP Asset is changed to None when you press the Escape Key in Object Picker and choose to Continue
- Dedicated Server player crashes on complex HDRP project
- [Mac] Dedicated Server build only decreases Memory usage, CPU time and Build size remain the same as Standalone
- [Linux][Mac] Executing Build And Run with Dedicated Server platform does not open Terminal
- [deprecated] BuildOptions.EnableHeadlessMode needs clearer warning for its conflicts with BuildOptions.subtarget field