Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.2f1
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[VCS] Precheckoutcallback throws an exception on project startup
0. Use one of the Unity versions marked as Reproducible with
1. Connect attached project "pre_checkout_callback_exception_test.zip" to Plastic SCM server
2. Open attached project and scene "SampleScene"
3. Observe Console window
Expected result: No exceptions
Actual result: "User-created pre-checkout callback has thrown an exception: Object reference not set <...>" and "Could not save package settings" errors
Reproducible with: 1.2 (2020.2.0a12, 2020.2.1f1, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b3, 2021.2.0a2)
Not reproducible with: 1.2 (2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0a11)
Could not test with: 2018.4.29f1, 2019.4.14f1 (console errors break project)
1. Comment out the following line in the file VCSExtension.cs
UnityEditor.VersionControl.Provider.preCheckoutCallback = preCheckoutCallback;
2. Go back to Unity. It will recompile the assets. Then the issue is not reproduced anymore.
3. Uncomment the previously commented line. Now all works as expected.
It seems that somehow the way of assigning the preCheckoutCallback changed. So when compiling with a previous Unity version (for example 2020.1.8f1), and then opening the project with a newer Unity version (for example 2020.2.1f1) reproduces the issue.
We should make a change to the Editor to protect the NullReferenceException in that scenario.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
- Physics.SphereCastNonAlloc is slow when the results array is large
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1.2f1):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a5
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.0b9
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.3f1