Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Physics inconsitency with nested Rigidbody and Rigidbody2D
1. Open attached project "NestedPhysicsBug" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Observe the CapsuleParent & CapsuleChild GameObject in the scene.
Expected result: The CapsuleChild moves/rotates when the "Move" or "Rotate" are checked in the "Physics Animator (Script)".
Actual result: The CapsuleChild only follows the parent.
Reproducible with: All Unity versions (it's been like this for a long time).
Note that I have only addressed this issue in 2D physics. In 3D physics (as I mentioned in the user thread), there's a bug which can be seen when you turn off "Move" in the "CapsuleChild3D" GameObject. The GameObject view doesn't move but the Transform does but the body doesn't. That is incorrect behaviour.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine