Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Physics inconsitency with nested Rigidbody and Rigidbody2D
1. Open attached project "NestedPhysicsBug" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Observe the CapsuleParent & CapsuleChild GameObject in the scene.
Expected result: The CapsuleChild moves/rotates when the "Move" or "Rotate" are checked in the "Physics Animator (Script)".
Actual result: The CapsuleChild only follows the parent.
Reproducible with: All Unity versions (it's been like this for a long time).
Note that I have only addressed this issue in 2D physics. In 3D physics (as I mentioned in the user thread), there's a bug which can be seen when you turn off "Move" in the "CapsuleChild3D" GameObject. The GameObject view doesn't move but the Transform does but the body doesn't. That is incorrect behaviour.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub][Linux] Hub .AppImage does not allow to upgrade the Hub from 2.4.5 to 3.0.0-beta.2
- [Profiler] Current frame button initially hides profile frame marker
- [Linux][Hub] Unity Hub 2.4.5 does not open "Add modules" window when clicking "Install with Unity Hub" in Build Settings
- Missing documentation for GetLights
- Broken link in HDRP manual