Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Performance spikes caused by Package.GetAll when searching in the Project window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project "PackageInfoGetAll.zip"
2. Open Window>Analysis>Profiler
3. Enable Deep Profile
4. Change Target Selection to Editor (found to the left of the "Record profiling information" button)
5. Press the Record button
6. In the Editor's Project window search bar enter "aaa"
7. Stop recording in the Profiler
Expected results: No performance spikes
Actual results: Performance spikes caused by ProjectBrowser.OnGUI
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.18f1, 2021.2.0b9
Notes: Reproducible with both macOS and Windows machines
Important notes: on 22.1 the are no more calla sto PackageInfo.GetAll. In fact this API doesn't exist anymore.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The <sprite> tag inserted image from a Sprite Asset into the UI Builder Button disappears when the Inlined Style Text Shadow Horizontal or Vertical Offset is set to be more than 0 px
- Build fails when building with ILCPP Scripting Backend and ARMv7 as the Target Architecture
- Textures turn black in Player when they are referenced by a script instance
- [Android] Virtual device crashes with "Scudo ERROR: invalid chunk state when deallocating address" error in Firebase Test Lab when Optimized Frame Pacing is enabled
- Particle System does not resume when its Culling Mode is set to "Pause" or "Pause and Catch-up," and particle position simulate in world space