Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Performance spikes caused by Package.GetAll when searching in the Project window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project "PackageInfoGetAll.zip"
2. Open Window>Analysis>Profiler
3. Enable Deep Profile
4. Change Target Selection to Editor (found to the left of the "Record profiling information" button)
5. Press the Record button
6. In the Editor's Project window search bar enter "aaa"
7. Stop recording in the Profiler
Expected results: No performance spikes
Actual results: Performance spikes caused by ProjectBrowser.OnGUI
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.18f1, 2021.2.0b9
Notes: Reproducible with both macOS and Windows machines
Important notes: on 22.1 the are no more calla sto PackageInfo.GetAll. In fact this API doesn't exist anymore.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException errors spam the console, after upgrading a package in PAckage Manager
- [QuickSearch] Default Assets are not appearing in the Object picker browser
- App crashes on launch when mesh of object has Read/Write disabled
- Material keyword APIs don't list keywords when using a newly imported SpeedTree
- Curves Editor crops big values