Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Performance regression when baking light probes with a light cookie in the scene
OpenCLCommonBuffers::PrepareLightCookiesBuffer is called 500+ times during the bake, because SetSceneStateOnTechnique(this) is called from RadeonRaysBakeLightProbesTechnique::Render()!
This should only be done once, in RadeonRaysBakeLightProbesTechnique::AttachHeavyDataPointers. SetSceneStateOnTechnique isn't tread safe so this can also cause crashes if scene state is changed while baking.
Performance hit was visible in https://confluence.unity3d.com/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=teamgi&title=Light+cookie+support+for+PLM but ignored. The more light probe groups and the higher sample counts you have, the worse it gets.
https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/99050/_/lighting/plm/lightcookies landed in trunk at 2020.1.0a22.2693_a851a673d667
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs
- [HDRP]Template Light Map is corrupted on first launch before rebaking
- CustomEditor List scrolls down when pressing Enter and ListView.selectionType is set to None