Search Issue Tracker
Performance issues and freezes occur when drawing Tiles on a Grid that is turned into a Prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached Unity project (tilemaps.zip)
2. Open the "test" scene
3. In the Tile Palette window, click on the "tile1" Tile
4. Draw on the Grid with the selected Tile for a while
5. Observe performance issues, ultimately leading to a freeze
Expected result: Drawing on the Prefab Grid does not cause performance issues
Actual result: Drawing on the Prefab Grid causes performance issues
Reproducible with: 2017.2.0b4, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0b4
This is a duplicate of issue #966679Editor performance degradation when working with big Tilemap
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website