Search Issue Tracker
Performance issues and freezes occur when drawing Tiles on a Grid that is turned into a Prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached Unity project (tilemaps.zip)
2. Open the "test" scene
3. In the Tile Palette window, click on the "tile1" Tile
4. Draw on the Grid with the selected Tile for a while
5. Observe performance issues, ultimately leading to a freeze
Expected result: Drawing on the Prefab Grid does not cause performance issues
Actual result: Drawing on the Prefab Grid causes performance issues
Reproducible with: 2017.2.0b4, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0b4
This is a duplicate of issue #966679Editor performance degradation when working with big Tilemap
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode