Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Editor performance degradation when working with big Tilemap
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Project.zip" project
2. Open the "MainScene" scene
3. Try painting some tiles into the tilemap
Actual result: Unity starts lagging/freezing. (gif attached)
Expected result: Unity shouldn't be lagging.
Note: The Editor works fine when editing tilemap while in Play mode.
Reproducible with:2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b9, 2018.1.0a4.
fixed in 2018.3.0a6 - use prefab mode to edit tilemaps.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Unity licensing command on Linux pops a progress bar when using -batchmode and -nographics
- SerializedReference GameObject property gets set to null after entering Play mode
- Profiler - RawFrameDataIterator ThreadID will always return 0 for profiler frame data loaded from .data files
- Crash on scripting_field_get_type when a Script has List<> of LayoutKind.Explicit struct with [FieldOffset(1)] ScriptableObject
- Frame Debugger doesn't work when using Camera.SetTargetBuffers