Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Editor performance degradation when working with big Tilemap
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Project.zip" project
2. Open the "MainScene" scene
3. Try painting some tiles into the tilemap
Actual result: Unity starts lagging/freezing. (gif attached)
Expected result: Unity shouldn't be lagging.
Note: The Editor works fine when editing tilemap while in Play mode.
Reproducible with:2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b9, 2018.1.0a4.
fixed in 2018.3.0a6 - use prefab mode to edit tilemaps.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Missing `localhost` in the `hosts` file configuration could cause the Unity Package Manager server to fail to start
- Wrong scaling in shadow mask scene view mode
- Type.GetField() works differently in IL2CPP from Mono
- Splitter resize cursors flicker on Linux and Windows
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project