Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Editor performance degradation when working with big Tilemap
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Project.zip" project
2. Open the "MainScene" scene
3. Try painting some tiles into the tilemap
Actual result: Unity starts lagging/freezing. (gif attached)
Expected result: Unity shouldn't be lagging.
Note: The Editor works fine when editing tilemap while in Play mode.
Reproducible with:2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b9, 2018.1.0a4.
fixed in 2018.3.0a6 - use prefab mode to edit tilemaps.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue