Search Issue Tracker
[Perforce] Sub Assets have non deterministic ordering
1. Download and extract the project in "case_1316556-UnityBugHunt.zip"
2. Download P4V client from https://www.perforce.com/downloads/helix-visual-client-p4v
3. Launch P4V client, switch to Remote Server tab (if you are connecting to localhost, you will need to launch a helix core (instructions below))
4. Create a new User
5. Create a new Workspace and set the UnityBugHunt project root as the location
6. In the server Field enter "localhost:1666"
7. Click ok
8. Open the UnityBugHunt project using Unity editor
9. Go Edit -> Project Settings -> Version Control
10. Set mode to Perforce
11. Enter Username, Password, Workspace that you created in the P4V client
12. Set server to "localhost:1666"
13. Click on Connect
14. Submit all changes to the Perforce server
15. In Unity go Test -> Test 3 - Asset Reordering Test
16. In P4V hit refresh
17. in P4V Workspace navigate to Assets/Test
18. Right-click on SubAssetTest.Asset and select "Diff Against Have Revision"
Expected result: The order of the assets is the same
Actual result: The order of the assets is different
Reproducible with: 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a15
Could not test with 2018.4.34f1 (packages break, package manager not available)
1. I put instructions on how to launch helix core below in edits
2. The customer described the issue in greater detail in "Sub Asset have non-deterministic serialization.txt" located in Assets/Readmes or attached below
3. Image with Diff Against Have Revision view is attached below
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete