Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.18f1, 2022.2.2f1, 2023.1.0a17
Patches of Terrain lose detail when zoomed in with Orthographic Camera
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open "Assets/OrthographicBaseTerrainBug"
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Change the "Size" parameter to a smaller value on the "Main Camera" in the Inspector
Expected result: The Terrain texture is fully rendered when "Main Camera" has zoomed in
Actual result: Patches of the Terrain lose detail when "Main Camera" has zoomed in
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a1, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1
- Terrain texture is rendered correctly when using "Perspective" Projection
- Same behaviour can be observed in Scene View when having Orientation set to "Iso"
Feb 13, 2023 14:16
I have the same problem in 2021.3.16. I'm using Ortographic Camera. Has anyone been able to check if it was actually resolved?
Jan 04, 2023 12:05
I have this bug with 2021.3.16, and disable terrain texture mipmap doesn't help
Dec 23, 2022 11:24
December 2022: 2022.2.0f1 still the same issue.... More then a year later
Sep 30, 2022 23:24
Has anyone discovered any workarounds for this issue in the meantime?
Apr 14, 2022 15:37
Our team was excited about the new 2021. But terrain with an orthographic camera...
In the LTS version, not in beta, btw.
Nov 23, 2021 21:12
In effect this bug means that terrain cannot be used in combination with an orthographic camera, because the blurry patches cannot be avoided. I hope this will get fixed. Otherwise it probably should be documented that this combination is not supported.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject doesn't execute animation the way it's supposed to until any GameObject in the Hierarchy is selected when in the Play Mode
- PropertyField does not properly render its field when changing it back from a valid Asset to "None"
- "ArgumentException: Input Button Enable Debug Button 1 is not set" is thrown when "Enable Debug Button 1" is deleted
- Duplicate invocations when Enabling InputActions during handling an input action
- "Assertion failed on expression" exceptions are thrown when using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.RunReadOnly
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0a17):
Verified fixed on 2023.1.0a18