Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Planned for 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X
Fix In Review for 2019.4.X
[ParticleSystemForce] Errors are thrown on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted
When ParticleSystemForce object is deleted then on accessing its Preset when Editor is in play mode throws errors in the console. Refer attached video and stack trace
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > Effects > Particle System Force Field > Create Preset
3. Hierarchy > Particle System Force Field > Delete
4. Project > Particle System Force Field Preset > Editor > Play Mode.
Errors spam the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted.
No error should be thrown in the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted, Or more user-friendly warning should be thrown
2021.2.0a7, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.1.0b10, 2021.1.0a1, 2020.2.6f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2019.4.21f1
Windows 10 & macOS 10.15
SerializedObject target has been destroyed.
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawInternalInspector () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:311)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawPresetData () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:119)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:107)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/External/MirroredPackageSources/com.unity.ui/Editor/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:617)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Screen.MoveMainWindowTo API often fails to switch fullscreen Player between screens on Mac OSX with specific monitors
- log4net error is thrown when using .NET Standard 2.0 for Linux server builds
- "cannot convert from Matrix4x4" and "cannot convert from Vector3" errors when creating App Packages
- [IL2CPP] Unity fails to build when using faulty function with an element being called from null array
- Build progress bar hangs forever when building with IL2CPP