Search Issue Tracker
[ParticleSystemForce] Errors are thrown on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted
When ParticleSystemForce object is deleted then on accessing its Preset when Editor is in play mode throws errors in the console. Refer attached video and stack trace
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > Effects > Particle System Force Field > Create Preset
3. Hierarchy > Particle System Force Field > Delete
4. Project > Particle System Force Field Preset > Editor > Play Mode.
Errors spam the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted.
No error should be thrown in the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted, Or more user-friendly warning should be thrown
2021.2.0a7, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.1.0b10, 2021.1.0a1, 2020.2.6f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2019.4.21f1
Windows 10 & macOS 10.15
SerializedObject target has been destroyed.
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawInternalInspector () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:311)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawPresetData () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:119)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:107)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/External/MirroredPackageSources/com.unity.ui/Editor/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:617)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0
- [Physics] Character Joint jumps around when following Kinetic Rigidbody
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)