Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Duplicate in 2020.3.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
[ParticleSystemForce] Errors are thrown on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted
When ParticleSystemForce object is deleted then on accessing its Preset when Editor is in play mode throws errors in the console. Refer attached video and stack trace
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > Effects > Particle System Force Field > Create Preset
3. Hierarchy > Particle System Force Field > Delete
4. Project > Particle System Force Field Preset > Editor > Play Mode.
Errors spam the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted.
No error should be thrown in the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted, Or more user-friendly warning should be thrown
2021.2.0a7, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.1.0b10, 2021.1.0a1, 2020.2.6f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2019.4.21f1
Windows 10 & macOS 10.15
SerializedObject target has been destroyed.
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawInternalInspector () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:311)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawPresetData () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:119)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:107)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/External/MirroredPackageSources/com.unity.ui/Editor/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:617)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Set as first/last sibling is not working when using Menu Bar
- [Hololens 2] GameObjects with an ARAnchor attached are deleted when disabled
- AvatarBuilder.BuildHumanAvatar() is unable to find Transform when entering Play Mode
- Trying to read mesh produces "Reading UV coordinates of mesh "" failed. Only float32 format is supported." error
- Reload Script Assemblies never load when entering debug mode