Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
ParticleSystem Individual particle scaling is reversed when using specific parameters
1. Open "SampleScene" in the "ReproParticleSystemScale.zip" project
2. Make sure that the properties on ParticleSystem GameObject are:
-Simulation Space -> World
-Scaling Mode -> Hierarchy
-Renderer > Render Alignment -> Local
3. Change ParticleSystem Start Size to 10 or more
4. Press Play on the ParticleSystem if it is not already playing
5. Try altering the x Scale on the Transform
Expected Behavior: The Individual particles are expanding by the number of times provided in the transform
Actual Behavior: The Individual particles are shrinking by the number of times provided in the transform
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0f2, 2019.1.0a14, 2019.2.0a1
Regression first introduced in 2018.3.0f1
Does not reproduce with: 2017.4.18f1, 2018.3.0b12, 2019.1.0a10
Note: The Emitter(shape) itself is actually expanding. Only individual particles have the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website
- QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsMemoryBudget is always clamped down to 4096 MB even on 64-bit systems