Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
ParticleSystem.Simulate has a noticeable delay
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project file and open scene '1'
2. Enter Play Mode
You can see the white particle of particle system 'a' and then the black particle of particle system 'b'. Check the script 'Test 1' attached to 'Particle System'. Using simulate time 1.05s for 'a' and 'b', while 'a' has a lifetime of 1s and 'b' has a start delay time of 1s.
Actual result: PartilcySystem.Simulate has a noticeable delay. White particle blinks and then black particle shows up
Expecting result: White particle would not show on screen and black particle shows once we press the play button
Reproduced with: 5.5.5p2, 5.6.4p3, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0p3, 2017.3.0b11, 2018.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- Video is not fitted into the screen vertically when Aspect Ratio "Fit Vertically" or "Fit Inside" is selected