Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 5.6.X, 2018.1.X
ParticleSystem.Simulate has a noticeable delay
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project file and open scene '1'
2. Enter Play Mode
You can see the white particle of particle system 'a' and then the black particle of particle system 'b'. Check the script 'Test 1' attached to 'Particle System'. Using simulate time 1.05s for 'a' and 'b', while 'a' has a lifetime of 1s and 'b' has a start delay time of 1s.
Actual result: PartilcySystem.Simulate has a noticeable delay. White particle blinks and then black particle shows up
Expecting result: White particle would not show on screen and black particle shows once we press the play button
Reproduced with: 5.5.5p2, 5.6.4p3, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0p3, 2017.3.0b11, 2018.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Semi transparent particles are incorrect in the game view
- [iOS] UI elements are invisible on iOS devices when using AdditionalUIRenderer
- Setting ArticulationBody.collisionDetectionMode at runtime via script to Discrete does not work if its being set from Continuous
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0