Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 5.6, 2018.1
ParticleSystem.Simulate has a noticeable delay
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project file and open scene '1'
2. Enter Play Mode
You can see the white particle of particle system 'a' and then the black particle of particle system 'b'. Check the script 'Test 1' attached to 'Particle System'. Using simulate time 1.05s for 'a' and 'b', while 'a' has a lifetime of 1s and 'b' has a start delay time of 1s.
Actual result: PartilcySystem.Simulate has a noticeable delay. White particle blinks and then black particle shows up
Expecting result: White particle would not show on screen and black particle shows once we press the play button
Reproduced with: 5.5.5p2, 5.6.4p3, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0p3, 2017.3.0b11, 2018.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Inconsistency displaying company name in Package Manager UI
- GPU lightmapper doesn't work on Linux any more
- [Editor] Recent scenes should not include (DOTS) subscenes
- Interaction is broken when EditorGUI.indentLevel is set to 1 or higher and ParticleSystem.MinMaxGradient interface is used
- Mouse position is not updated when locking the cursor and it causes the mouse to snap unpredictably when entering the Play Mode