Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Particle System scale is not applied to the Shape Module of sub emitter systems in the "Local" and "Hierarchy" Modes
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open ShapeModuleScale scene
3. Select particles in the hierarchy so they start simulating
Expected result: The system on the left contains a sub emitter with the same values as the system on the right, and should spawn particles in the same shape, a stretched upside down hemisphere.
Actual result: Instead, the particles themselves are stretched, but the shape they are emitted from is an unscaled hemisphere.
Reproducible: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2f2, 5.5.0b10, 5.6.0a1
Note: If Scaling Mode of Particle System, which is a Sub Emitter, is set to Shape, issue disappears.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ParticleSystem glitching/stretching in the build when enabling/disabling particles and manually rendering at WaitForEndOfFrame
- Having a method called Update in a ScriptableObject causes an error if it has a parameter
- Changing the center of mass makes the Rigidbody constraints fail to lock
- [Collab] Version control mode remains the same after enabling collab, but selection field becomes disabled
- Rendering a mesh using different vertices with same uv-coordinates renders some artifacts around the mesh