Search Issue Tracker
Particle System isn't culled off-screen when the Culling Mode is set to Automatic and the Simulation Space is set to World
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project
2. Open the scene "Sample Scene" and enter Play mode (Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity)
3. Open the Profiler window and select the CPU Usage Module.
4. In the Module details pane, set the view to "Hierarchy" and enable the Live setting
5. In the search bar, type "particlesystem.update2"
6. Inspect the number of Calls made by this function
Expected result: 0 calls are made
Actual result: 16 calls are made
Reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0b1
1. Not reproducible if the Simulation Space of the Particle Systems is set to "Local"
2. Not reproducible if Culling Mode of the Particle Systems is set to "Pause" or "Pause and Catch-up"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field