Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Particle System is not playing on awake when Reload Scene enter Play mode setting is disabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1180343.zip"
2. Enter Play mode
Expected result: Particle System starts playing
Actual result: Particle System is not playing
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a2
Pressing Play in the Particle System's preview window before entering Play mode will work as intended.
Pressing Play and then Pause in the Particle System's preview window before entering Play mode will stop the Particle System from playing.
Calling ParticleSystem.Play in the Awake method will fix the issue.
Enter Play mode settings were introduced in Unity 2019.3, thus introducing the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Unity licensing command on Linux pops a progress bar when using -batchmode and -nographics
- SerializedReference GameObject property gets set to null after entering Play mode
- Profiler - RawFrameDataIterator ThreadID will always return 0 for profiler frame data loaded from .data files
- Crash on scripting_field_get_type when a Script has List<> of LayoutKind.Explicit struct with [FieldOffset(1)] ScriptableObject
- Frame Debugger doesn't work when using Camera.SetTargetBuffers