Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2.0f3
Particle System: Box shape with Scale.Z = 0 changes emission direction
1. What happened
Particle System: Box shape with Scale.Z = 0 changes emission direction. And that is a regression from 5.6. There were no 'Scale' prior to 2017.1, but there were sizes XYZ, that are transformed into 'Scale.XYZ' in 2017+. Issue reproducible both with new PS and the one upgraded from 5.6.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- See scene 1 > PS
- Change 'Shape'.Scale.Z to greater than 0
>>> The emission direction changes
It is expected to keep emission direction for 0 and greater.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes