Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Particle system bounds are incorrect when particles are meshes with offset pivot
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "ParticlesBounds.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select "GameObject" object
3. In Scene view, enable "Show Bounds" and Play the Particle Effect (bounds are calculated correctly)
4. In Inspector window, change "Particle System" -> "Renderer" -> "Renderer mode" -> "Mesh" to "PivotFarAway" mesh from Project window
5. In Scene view, observe particle system
Expected result: the Particle System bounds are updated
Actual result: the Particle System bounds are not updated / incorrect
Reproducible with: 2017.2.4f1, 2017.4.13f1, 2018.3.0b6, 2019.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"