Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.2.4
Found in [Package]
Repaint is called every frame when Timeline window is opened and a Playable Director is added to a GameObject
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ("PlayableDirectorPerformance")
2. Open the Profiler and enable the Profile Editor
3. In Profiler, select the Hierarchy preview
4. In Profiler search field type PanelUpdate and press record
5. In Scene Hierarchy select the "PD" GameObject and clear the Playable field
6. Observe the Profiler Hierarchy
Expected result: the activity callbacks do not change
Actual result: extra PanelUpdate callbacks can be seen
Reproducible with Unity versions: 2018.4.3f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.12f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0b6, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a5, 2019.3.0a11
Not reproducible with Unity versions: 2017.4.31f1, 2018.4.2f1, 2019.1.11f1, 2019.2.0b5, 2019.3.0a4
Reproducible with package versions: 1.0.0, 1.1.0
QA: Here's an easier way to reproduce the bug.
Ensure that you are using internal mode in Unity. (Open the Unity About window (menu: Unity > About Unity...) and then type the word "internal". You should get a notification that says "Internal Mode On" (or "Internal Mode Off" if it was already on).
1) Create a new gameobject.
2) Open the timeline window.
3) Add a playable director to this new gameobject.
Result: The Timeline window is consistently repainted. This is show by the little colored dot at the top-left corner of the window. The colored dot changes color at each repaint. (See video)
Expected: The Timeline window should not be repainted. The colored dot should stay the same color.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules