Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[Packman] packages-lock.json file is overwritten when resolving packages
How to reproduce:
1. Create and open a new project
2. Open the Packages folder and observe the Date Modified value of the packages-lock.json file
3. Open the Package Manager window in the Editor
4. Click the refresh icon in the Package Manager window and select Manual Resolve
5. Open the Packages folder
Expected results: the Date Modified value of the packages-lock.json file hasn't changed since packages haven't changed
Actual results: the Date Modified value of the packages-lock.json file has changed
Reproducible with: 2019.4.16f1, 2020.2.0f1, 2021.1.0a10, 2021.2.0a1
Could not test with: 2018.4.30f1
-This issue is most prominent when using version control, such as Perforce since this issue causes the packages-lock.json to get checked out
-The same issue can be reproduced by dirtying the manifest.json file and causing a resolve operation this way
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy