Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
PackageManager memory leak when continuously opening the window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project from "Compilation_PackageManager_Leak.zip".
2. Select the Memory Profile window.
3. Press the capture button a couple times: with Package Manger open, without and with again...
4. Compare the results and see if the third time Unity is using the same amount of memory.
Reproducible with: 1.0.0-preview.3-1.0.0-preview.17 (2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.18f1, 2021.1.20f1, 2021.2.0b11, 2022.1.0a8)
Expected result: Memory should not increase as all allocations should be cleared when the window is closed, or held to be reused when the window is re-opened.
Actual result: Memory increases every time the Package Manager window is opened.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Editor Window not visualizing changes when selecting different Filter Modes
- Crash on UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset:InternalCreatePipeline () when opening a project
- The Texture Shape of an Image changes from 2D to a Cube when the project is upgraded to 2019 and above
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0