Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[Overlays] Toolbar UI elements show their text only in Panel mode
1. Open a project with whatever unity version that has Overlays feature
2. Create a "Editor" folder in the project and import the attached script in it
3. Make sure the Overlay is visible through the Overlay menu in the scene view (Spacebar shortcut)
4. Right click on the overlay's header and select panel option
You should see all the UI controls having their text displayed as specified by the "text" property in the code.
5. Now, you can try to drag and drop the overlay in the top toolbar or simply change the orientation option to horizontal (Right click header, choose Horizontal option)
The text aren't display if the overlay is not in panel mode
The Horizontal mode should display the text of the Element like in panel mode
Note that the current attached script is implementing a regular UIElement Button for "Create Cube" element, that why we can see the text.
If we change the Button class to use EditorToolbarButton class instead, the text won't show when docked or in Horizontal orientation.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated