Search Issue Tracker
Out of data Exposed Transforms in Model Importer results in an import Error
1. Download attached "ModelImport_New.zip" project and open in Unity
2. In Project window select "Okay.fbx" file, right-click it and press Reimport
3. Observe that the Unity Editor successfully reimports the file
4. n Project window select "Okay.fbx" file, right-click it and press Reimport
Expected results: Unity Editor successfully reimports the file
Actual results: Error is thrown in Console:
"Assertion failed on expression: 'it != transformToMark.end()'
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Animation/OptimizeTransformHierarchy.cpp Line: 414)"
- This issue happens on both Windows and macOS
- The only difference between these files is metafile, containing a now missing Hierarchy item, removing this solves the problem
- Unchecking "Optimize Game Objects" also removes the Error
- Does not seem possible to remove this via the ModelImporter GUI, only by hand in the Metafile
- Would expect a missing path to not cause an error while importing
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.5f1, 2019.3.0b3 and 2020.1.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- An object created via "Create Empty Child" of Hierarchy panel in Prefab Mode is always a child of the main prefab
- [VCS] Version Control window could use a search field to filter down contents
- [VCS] Importing .unitypackage with version control enabled fails
- [IL2CPP] Player crashes with TextMeshPro and HDRP packages on x64 and Debug configuration
- [Profiler] When all charts are closed, reopening the Profiler Window will show CPU Profiler details