Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
[OSX] Sometimes Editor crashes when dragging tabs during asset import
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity on OSX;
2. Create new project;
3. Open Asset Store (Window -> Asset Store);
4. Select any relatively big project in the Asset Store (in my case 'The Wasteland') and press 'Import' button;
5. While asset import try to drag and detach any tab (in my case, Game View) in Editor.
- Sometimes Unity crashes. Last calls in the stacktrace:
#0 0x000001025706e6 in ContextGLES::Acquire()
#1 0x000001025acaaf in GfxDeviceClient::AcquireThreadOwnership()
#2 0x000001026236c9 in ActivateGraphicsContext(ObjectHandle<GraphicsContext_Tag, void*>, bool, int)
#3 0x00000101d11278 in GUIView::BeginCurrentContext()
#4 0x000001024df54f in HandleUtility_CUSTOM_INTERNAL_CALL_Internal_PickClosestGO(ReadOnlyScriptingObjectOfType<Camera>, int, Vector2fIcall const&, MonoArray*, MonoArray*, int*)
#5 0x0000011af02da9 in (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.HandleUtility:INTERNAL_CALL_Internal_PickClosestGO (UnityEngine.Camera,int,UnityEngine.Vector2&,UnityEngine.GameObject,UnityEngine.GameObject,int&) + 0xc9 (0x11af02ce0 0x11af02dd8) [0x117501660 - Unity Child Domain]
- White detached tab's preview window is displayed during asset import (see attached actual.png screenshot).
See attached gif video for clarity.
Inconsistent behaviour between product - since you can't move any tab or do anything with Editor's layout On Windows (DX11).
There should be no ability to change Editor's layout/drag any tabs while importing assets.
- Reproducible in: 5.4.0b13, 5.4.0b12, 5.3.4p1, 5.3.3f1, 5.3.2f1, 5.2.2p4;
- Reproducible only on OSX (10.11.3 checked);
- Not reproducible on Windows 10 (DX11 and GlCore mode);
- Crash is not reproducible always (yet white preview of the detached tab is 100% reproable). Here's what may increase crash probability:
1) Detach Game and then Scene when importing assets;
2) Click on white detached tab's white preview window when importing assets
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Vector Graphics package can't be found in the Package Manager even if preview packages are enabled
- Hyphen symbol is not allowed inside the InputField if its content type is set to Name
- [2D Game kit] "Import parameters got modified during import" error is thrown when opening up the project for the first time
- Building subscenes without platform package doesn't work
- Picking stacked objects always selects prefab