Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.2.2
[OSX] Input.inputString, GetKey etc. does not work on Mac OSX
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open 'InputStringTest' scene
3. Play the scene
4. Click any of the keyboard buttons
5. Watch the console, notice no input is logged despite the Debug.Log(Input.inputString) being called each frame.
Note: Works as expected on Windows.
Other users report also Input.GetKey, Input.GetKeyDown,
Input.GetKeyUp and Input.GetButton as broken
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Nov 02, 2021 02:03
Are you sure this is fixed? I'm using 2020.3 on a mac. I got the same problem. The Input.Getkey() is not working.
Jul 05, 2018 10:49
2018.1.6.f1 on Macbook pro Retina 15' late 2013 : Some inputs still aren't recognize (tab, delete, return, etc). Numbers and letters are detected tho.
Mar 31, 2017 17:39
5.6, and this is still an issue (despite what the green box says).
Jul 21, 2016 15:03
5.3.4 here and still an issue
Jul 08, 2016 22:30
5.3.5f1 Still an issue, on/off at random!
It's REALLY annoying that one cannot vote for stuff when it re-appears / is not fixed.
Dec 14, 2015 22:31
Return key not recognized (Submit) with NGUI input field on Mac OSX web player in 5.3.0f4. Cannot execute multiplayer chat.
This seems to be a Unity bug not NGUI, yes? Is there a fix?
Oct 26, 2015 10:34
It works fine on my Windows PC, but it's works on Mac
Oct 17, 2015 15:43
5.2.1f1 still no fix. :-(
Oct 14, 2015 14:02
I am not getting any key input from unity 5.2.1f1 on my mac el capitan, why is this bug shown as fixed?
Oct 09, 2015 20:53
Ok, ignore my previous comment - the bug seems to be in the web player plugin itself, not the build, so rolling back to old editors does not help. Even my old 4.x live versions of the game have the same problem with the latest web player. So we wait for 5.2.2 - any ETA on that?