Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
Only some assemblies fail to be loaded when assembly name does not match the file name
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's "case_1345099-Project.zip" Scene labeled "SampleScene"
2. In the Project Window, re-import the included DLL files
3. Wait for the re-import process to finish
4. Observe the Console Window
5. Rename Assemblies that didn't throw an error
6. Re-import the Assemblies again
7. Observe the Console Window
Expected result: Errors are thrown for all Assemblies that have mismatching names
Actual result: 'Assembly name does not match file name' error is thrown only for a single Assembly
Reproducible with: 2021.1.11f1, 2021.1.14f1, 2021.2.0a4, 2021.2.0b1
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.2.0a3 (No errors are thrown)
Jun 12, 2022 17:45
this is still happening in 2021.3.4f1.
just upgraded from 2020.3.18 and this is blocking compilation in the editor.
Mar 02, 2022 16:54
Updated unity from .9f to .13f and now my scripts can't find assemblies and types.
Previously did work.
Nov 15, 2021 18:25
Just want to comment that this issue is singlehandedly preventing me from using 2021.2, which has some features my project needs :(
It's breaking because I'm using Firebase.
Sep 20, 2021 14:02
Any updates on this? It's been a major blocker to adopting any new version since 2021.1.10f1.
Aug 20, 2021 05:10
This is seriously waste my time. My editor code on cloud build was fail to run for week and I just found this was the root cause
Jul 07, 2021 18:06
Instead of throwing error for all assemblies that have mismatching names, perhaps loosen the rules like it used to be? Or perhaps just makes it as a warming?
What is the reason behind enforcing the naming rule?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0a4
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0b11
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.16f1