Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Off Camera ParticleSystem crashes Editor when particles are disabled with Culling set to Pause
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "ParticleCulling.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select "Particle System" GameObject and observe in Inspector window
3. Enter Play-Mode
Expected result: Editor continues running after Particle death
Actual result: Editor crashes as Particles are disabled
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0f5, 2019.3.3f1, 2020.1.0a25
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.0f4
Could not test with: 2017.4.37f1 (no Culling Mode options for Particle System)
1. Particle System's Looping is set to "Off", Stop Action is set to "Disable"
2. Issue also reproduces with Culling set to "Pause and Catch-up"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build