Search Issue Tracker
[GPUInstancing][LPPV] Objects are not batched if they share the same Light Probe Proxy Volume object
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Go to "LPPV test" and open "LPPV test" scene
3. Enter Playmode
4. Open Frame Debugger window and enable Frame Debug
5. Go to Camera.Render > Drawing > Render.OpaqueGeometry > RenderDeferred.GBuffer > Clear
Expected result: In the Frame Debugger there should be only one "Draw Mesh (instanced) instanced sphere" since the light probes are used.
Actual result: In the Frame Debugger there are "Draw Mesh instanced sphere" for every sphere in the scene
Reproducible with: 5.6.3p2, 2017.1.1f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.3.0a7
Note: If you stop the player, select all the 4 spheres, switch their "Mesh Renderer > Lighting > Light Probes" from 'Use Proxy Volume' to 'Off', hit play again, the Frame Debug will show just one "Draw Mesh (instanced) instanced sphere".
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Multiple functions in native .dll cause crash in g_logv
- [Player] Screen flickers after launching MacOS Standalone build for x86 architecture
- Particles are spawned with incorrect sizes when calling from LateUpdate
- Undo of sprite dropped to hierarchy does not work
- Assert.NotNull passes even though a reference is missing