Search Issue Tracker
Objects are not being batched together for rendering when they all share the same Light Probe Proxy Volume object
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Go to "LPPV test" and open "LPPV test" scene
3. Enter Playmode
4. Open Frame Debugger window and enable Frame Debug
5. Go to Camera.Render > Drawing > Render.OpaqueGeometry > RenderDeferred.GBuffer > Clear
Expected result: In the Frame Debugger there should be only one "Draw Mesh (instanced) instanced sphere" since the light probes are used.
Actual result: In the Frame Debugger there are "Draw Mesh instanced sphere" for every sphere in the scene
Reproducible with: 5.6.3p2, 2017.1.1f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.3.0a7
Note: If you stop the player, select all the 4 spheres, switch their "Mesh Renderer > Lighting > Light Probes" from 'Use Proxy Volume' to 'Off', hit play again, the Frame Debug will show just one "Draw Mesh (instanced) instanced sphere".
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Stacktrace sentries are enabled in development builds of Windows and Mac standalone players with IL2CPP scripting backend
- Windows and Mac standalone players with IL2CPP do not have null checks enabled in non-development builds
- Class layout is not working properly when changing scripting define symbols in a build
- [Editor] Editor window, Panel and all related managed object are leaking
- Light Probe settings "Use Proxy Volume" color is saturated