Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.0
Normal map difference between Web Player and WebGL
-e: see title, looks worse for WebGL
The appearance of low resolution normal maps is strikingly different between Web Player and WebGL, in the editor and in game view. The normal map in use is a simple noise texture created in Photoshop. It appears that WebGL is applying some sort of compression (?) which removes much of the detail.
--Open "texture test" scene
--Open Build Settings and switch between Web Player and WebGL while watching the cube in the Scene view
--NOTICE it looks worse on WebGL
-maybe a dupe of case 687169?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- String array data is lost when one of the strings starts with a colon symbol
- Unable to import NuGet packages Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces, System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions cannot be loaded correctly
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- OnApplicationQuit method is called before Application.wantsToQuit event is raised
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"