Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.0
Normal map difference between Web Player and WebGL
-e: see title, looks worse for WebGL
The appearance of low resolution normal maps is strikingly different between Web Player and WebGL, in the editor and in game view. The normal map in use is a simple noise texture created in Photoshop. It appears that WebGL is applying some sort of compression (?) which removes much of the detail.
--Open "texture test" scene
--Open Build Settings and switch between Web Player and WebGL while watching the cube in the Scene view
--NOTICE it looks worse on WebGL
-maybe a dupe of case 687169?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- 'A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing' error is thrown when importing package with Terrain Asset with Trees
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model
- Prefab referenced Game Object is not removed from the Scene files when the reference field gets deleted
- Unity crashes on GC_grow_table when trying to deserialize an XML file