Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.0
Normal map difference between Web Player and WebGL
-e: see title, looks worse for WebGL
The appearance of low resolution normal maps is strikingly different between Web Player and WebGL, in the editor and in game view. The normal map in use is a simple noise texture created in Photoshop. It appears that WebGL is applying some sort of compression (?) which removes much of the detail.
--Open "texture test" scene
--Open Build Settings and switch between Web Player and WebGL while watching the cube in the Scene view
--NOTICE it looks worse on WebGL
-maybe a dupe of case 687169?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unresponsive front facing UI fields with specific rotations when using World Space canvas with Ignore Reversed Graphics enabled
- Rigidbody Collision Detection mode cannot be updated after setting the isKinematic field to true then false during runtime
- "No valid Unity Editor license found. Please contact your adminstrator." error thrown when opening 2019.3.0a12 project
- ping.DestroyPing does not work resulting in increasing ping delay
- The cursor is visible when using CursorLockMode.Locked in the standalone build